Straw it, sip it, spoon: However you eat it, this fizzy holiday delight is sure to lift your spirits and tickle your tongue.
Makes 1 soda
• 1/4 cup whole milk or half and half
• 2 tablespoons purchased or homemade chocolate syrup*
• 3/4 cup cold sparkling water
• 2 scoops [TopBrandName] SLOW CHURNED® Peppermint Ice Cream
• Whipped cream and candy cane for garnish
Makes about 1-3/4 cup.
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• Dash of salt
• 1 cup water
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
Stir milk and chocolate syrup in a tall glass until well blended. Add 1/2 cup sparkling water; stir to combine. Top with ice cream and remaining 1/4 cup sparkling water. Garnish with whipped cream and a candy cane. Serve with a straw.
*Chocolate Syrup:Stir sugar, cocoa and salt together in a small saucepan. Using a whisk, gradually stir in water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes until smooth and slightly thickened. Stir in vanilla. Let stand until room temperature. Refrigerate covered up to 2 weeks. Use chilled for chocolate soda or ice cream topping.