IngredientsMakes 8 servings.
• 8 rice cereal marshmallow treat squares (see tip)
• 8 scoops EDY'S® NESTLÉ® BUTTERFINGER® ice cream
• 8 pop or craft sticks
• 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• assorted colored cake decorations or cookie crumbs
- Cover a cookie tray with plastic wrap. Place in freezer. With a sharp knife, cut each treat in half to make 16, 1/2-inch thick rectangles.
- Working one at a time, place a small scoop of ice cream onto a treat. With a table knife, flatten and spread ice cream to edge. Press another treat on top. Insert a pop stick. Place on prepared tray and freeze until ice cream is firm. Repeat to make 8.
- Place chocolate and vegetable oil in a 1-cup glass measuring cup or deep narrow bowl. Heat in microwave oven on medium power (50%) for 2-3 minutes. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Dip about 1/3 of the treat into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Quickly sprinkle with decorations before chocolate hardens. Place on tray and freeze. Continue to dip and decorate one at a time. Serve, or place each in a ziptop plastic bag and store in freezer for an after-school-snack.
*Pop sticks can be purchased at craft stores.
*Fill and freeze the ice cream treats. Set out a selection of decorations. Have an adult do the chocolate dip and the kids quickly sprinkle their choice of decoration.
|Rate this recipe:||
||Share this recipe:|